Author Archives: admin

EBFA Season Start delayed by 1 week

The East Berkshire League has made the decision to delay the season start until 16th September.

This is because of late submissions for new teams and late dropping out of existing ones, leading to the need to rebalance the divisions.

U14 Sunday team looking for players

    NPL Youth U14 Bombs play in the 4th division of the Surrey Youth League. A well-established team, we are nonetheless interested in recruiting additional players to further strengthen the squad for the coming season. We play on Sundays and train on a Thursday evening. If you are are under 14 on 1 September (likely to be starting school year 9) please register your interest by clicking “join us” on the club web site.

NPLYFC AGM 3.7.17

Agenda

NPLYFC 2017 AGM Agenda NOTES

Minutes

Apologies

Kate Gait
James Fillingham
Joe Gallimore
Nigel Sinsbury

 

2016 Minutes

JC: proposed 2016 minutes
Seconded (adrian luckins)
No matters arising

 

2017 Tournament Review

JC showed the tournament feedback presentation from CS Coaching

CS: collated feedback from 175 teams (46 teams replied)
Overall
63% excellent
35% good

Admin
87% excellent
11% good

Venue
70% excellent
24% good

  • main comment: pitches too close together

Refreshment
22% excellent
54% good

Format
46% execllent
39% good
15% satisfactory

Refs
74% excellent or good

  • some issues with refs. 2 did not turn up (will not be invited next year. May be too many young

MR: can we invite more teams? CS: at capacity really. An even number of pitches easier to manage.
SB: comment: more smartly-dressed refs. @agreed
CS: PA being broken made it very difficult to communicate, need to double check it next year
JC: early tournament meeting this year (November) to sort out detailed actions from this tournament & start organising next year
TC: car parking feedback: no signage – so people were going in to Bushy Park rather than coming down the road! @better signage directing people

TC: why do we still have cricket matches? Can we improve that?

 

Exec Reports

JC invited all to read printed reports.

@JC to forward on to WP to attach to minutes DONE
SB: kit spend up – did our spend go up because of extra kit for teams, with less sponsorship?
JC: 1. lack of sponsors 2. first year of Nike kit (had to hit target for Nike agreement)
AL: info about parental purchases?
JC: we have a detailed spreadsheet, can subtract what we bought as a club.
TC: more messaging / marketing needed to up the sales.
AL: need the marketing role to be filled (WP: did advertise this last year with 10% incentive)

 

Roles

NPLYFC Committee 2017-2018

JC: Name change – IT coordinator
JC: 4 vacant roles needed to be filled. Most importantly Secretary role.
SP: (secretary) moving away but will shadow the role
JC: CGL & SYL Secretary posts will be vreated for next season – one person (parent/official) from those league teams
JC: Next season the Secretary role will be just by dealing with County.
JC: CGL Secretary – one of the new managers
JC: SYL Secretary @need someone by 4th Sept (1st mgrs mtg).
(general discussion about poor attendance and lack of volunteering, no actions taken)

JC: Propose roles

Seconded (Gary Parker )

 

Exec Committee

JC: to the floor – general comments about set-up?
AL: Exec is required to make decsions quickly works well and should remain.
TC: we should be clear that the model allows people to be seconded into the group to help out
JC: Proposed

Seconded (Steve Bates)

 

Dates

JC showed the proposed calendar for the year

AL: what are the age groups for Friday/Saturday session for the end of season presentations? JC: Upto U13s Saturday, 14s+ for Friday

 

AOB

TC: safeguarding. We will police it more closely as we go. Events in FA have driven the need for this.
TC: Expect all officials to cooperate with this.
TC: Look for help with dates – bottleneck because of similar dates for expiry of checks. Will try to eleviate this by sending out a pre-emptive strike before the automatic mail goes out. Will be as flexible as possible, hopefully managers will be flexible also.

MR: are there any coaching courses coming up?
JC: October for ref course, September for coaches course.

The AGM was closed.

NPLSC Annual General Meeting 26th June

At the request of the Club's President, Peter Thompson, Vice President, Dennis Yates and Chairman (2016/17) Peter Taylor, members are urged to review all attached information and respond with any comments in writing to The Secretary by the end of the day on Friday 16th June. 

The Club's Officers are united in the wish to provide a comprehensive response to any form of comment from any member on any subject in advance of the meeting itself, so that the meeting may move promptly onto Item 8. Presentation of Stanton Trophy and associated cups, as is the long-standing tradition.  

 
In the absence, so far, of Sectional Reports for 2016/17, the Chairman's Introduction, Treasurer's Report and Pavilion Secretary's Report together with Unaudited Financial Statements 2016/17 and Financial Estimates for 2017/18 are hereby circulated in accordance with Section 4. Main Committee and Secretary, Paragraph ( c ) of The Blue Book.  
 
Please note that Financial Estimates 20171/8 have been compiled with the valued assistance of Jamie Genge, Head of Corporate Finance at NPL.  
 
Candidates for Treasurer are still actively sought from within the club's membership. 

 
It is my pleasure to confirm that Honorary Life Membership will be offered to Martin Wicks, Andrew Hanson and Sandra Semple at the AGM in accordance with Section 2. Club Rules, Paragraph 8 of The Blue Book at the AGM.  

 
Attendance at the AGM is open to all paid-up members of NPLSC.