Author Archives: admin

NPL Youth Football Club Tournament Meeting Minutes 25/11/19

NPL Youth Football Club Tournament Meeting Minutes 25/11/19

Venue – NPL Sports Club, Sports Pavilion – 1930

Compiled by Nizar El-Chamaa

Attendees: Mel Read (MR) – Chairman; Nizar El-Chamaa (NEC) – Vice Chairman, Nerys Weir (NW) –  Treasurer, Will Palmer (WP) – Fixtures Secretary, Sarah Del Rio (SDR) – Referee Coordinator, Seb Pizzuto (SP) – Recruitment Secretary, Julie Smith (JS) – Sponsorship Coordinator, Jamie Smith (JS) – U10 Dynamos, Gareth Morgan (GM) – U13 Blues, Matt Bennie (MB) – U14 Neutrons, David Coates (DC) – U7 Protons, Colin Smith (CS) – CS Coaching

Apologies for Absence:

U7 Atoms, U7 Stars, U8 Atoms, U8 Cosmos, U8 Rockets, U9 Galaxy, U10 Protons, U11 Atoms, U11 Protons, U11 Electrons, U12 Sharks, U12 Tigers, U12 Bulls

ITEM 1 – Tournament Update

CS:

  • Tournament date confirmed as 30th and 31st of May 2020 – Weekend before half-term
  • Potentially the last year for tournament to be run by CS Coaching
  • Kick offs to start 30 minutes early at 0900 and 1400 for morning and afternoon sessions on both days respectively
  • Registrations at 0830 on Saturday and Sunday
  • Saturday morning sessions: U11, U12 age groups on 7 pitches
  • Saturday afternoon sessions: U7, U9 age groups on 7 pitches
  • Sunday morning sessions: U10, U13 age groups on 8 pitches
  • Sunday afternoon sessions: U8, U14, U15 age groups on 8 pitches
  • Max squad sizes increased to increase revenue and gate receipts
  • Sin Bin rules in place
  • U9 + extra time – players to be taken off – after 2 mins at 2v2, subs can be used
  • No streaming at U14 and U15 age groups
  • New online Tournament Management System (TMS) to be used for fixtures and results: www.cscoaching.org.uk/tournaments2020 (click on NPL Youth)
  • Whiteboard still to be used in conjunction for transition purposes
  • Online entry and player forms to be used
  • Online registrations to be used
  • Live date for non-NPLYFC teams is Saturday 4th of Jan.
  • CS needs to know the maximum number of NPLYFC teams. Better to cancel than want to be added later on.
  • Invites to teams will be sent out on that date.
  • NPLYFC to promote via Fixtures template
  • NPLYFC blacklist to include unwanted teams from last year
  • Tournament team fee to be raised to £45 from £40.
  • Car park required to be open 30 mins earlier due to earlier kick off times.
  • There was a total of 146 teams for 2019 tournament – not including NPLYFC teams
  • JS to work at adverts for tournament programme – CS to send templates
  • Questions on costs for programme, marquees
  • Improvements from last year’s tournaments include:
    • More Volunteers
    • More sponsorship
    • Cost reductions

 

NEXT MEETING – Mon 3rd Feb 7.30pm

 

NPL Youth Football Club Committee Meeting Minutes 25/11/19

NPL Youth Football Club Committee Meeting Minutes 25/11/19

Venue – NPL Sports Club, Sports Pavilion – 1830

Compiled by Nizar El-Chamaa

Attendees: Mel Read (MR) – Chairman; Nizar El-Chamaa (NEC) – Vice Chairman, Nerys Weir (NW) –  Treasurer, Will Palmer (WP) – Fixtures Secretary, Sarah Del Rio (SDR) – Referee Coordinator, Seb Pizzuto (SP) – Recruitment Secretary, Julie Smith (JS) – Sponsorship Coordinator.

Apologies for Absence:

Lee Drane (LD) – Equipment Coordinator, Ben Walton (BW) – Registration Secretary, Simon Karrie (SK) – Coach Mentor, Steve Bates (SB) – Child Welfare Officer

 

ITEM 2 – Sectional Updates

MR + JS:

  • Richard Roberts (RR) is new trustree at NPL Sports Club.
  • Sports Sections have been siloed for too long and needs to change. Integrate to survive.
  • Funding from NPL will be down to Zero in 2020/2021
  • Sectional fees will be going up.
  • One combined pot across all sports sections for the sinking funds.
  • Mel to meet all sectional heads in due course.
  • Working closely with Cricket section to help them increase players
  • NPL Sports Section survey will be sent out
  • Discussions ongoing about 4G pitch at NPLSC
  • Wine tasting, quiz nights and January family day planned
  • NPLSC kitchen and catering is being considered for change – Halloumi Bites is on the list of potential companies taking it over

 

SDR:

  • Referee course in Jan with FA tutor – Waiting to confirm pitches
  • Attendees will need 5 games to qualify – working with Teddington Athletic Football Club (TAFC) to offer this
  • Whatsapp group for all refs already set up between NPLYFC, TAFC & Hearts Teddlothians.

 

NW:

  • Managers need to chase parents more with regards to sub fees.
  • Registration cards can no longer be withheld in the event of non-payment – need solution for this.

WP:

  • NPL pitches not being available for first weeks of league games had a knock on effect which meant NPLYFC teams having fewer home games. Not necessarily a bad thing considering pitch recovery times.
  • SYL U7 fixture secretary making life difficult as slow to upload fixtures.
  • SYL staffing issues not helping matters

SP:

  • Work on new NPLYFC website postponed due to likelihood of new integrated website required for all sections.
  • Potential for NPLYFC APP also to be licensed to other NPLSC sections.

NEXT MEETING – Mon 3rd Feb 6.30pm