We are looking for 1-2 players (school age year 9) to join our team that plays on Sundays, for details please contact Matt 07930 463 759
We are pleased t let you know that NPLSC Pavilion is now serving roast dinners on Sundays.
- £10 for members
- £12 for guests
- £6 for kids
NPL Youth Football Club Tournament Meeting Minutes 25/11/19
Venue – NPL Sports Club, Sports Pavilion – 1930
Compiled by Nizar El-Chamaa
Attendees: Mel Read (MR) – Chairman; Nizar El-Chamaa (NEC) – Vice Chairman, Nerys Weir (NW) – Treasurer, Will Palmer (WP) – Fixtures Secretary, Sarah Del Rio (SDR) – Referee Coordinator, Seb Pizzuto (SP) – Recruitment Secretary, Julie Smith (JS) – Sponsorship Coordinator, Jamie Smith (JS) – U10 Dynamos, Gareth Morgan (GM) – U13 Blues, Matt Bennie (MB) – U14 Neutrons, David Coates (DC) – U7 Protons, Colin Smith (CS) – CS Coaching
Apologies for Absence:
U7 Atoms, U7 Stars, U8 Atoms, U8 Cosmos, U8 Rockets, U9 Galaxy, U10 Protons, U11 Atoms, U11 Protons, U11 Electrons, U12 Sharks, U12 Tigers, U12 Bulls
ITEM 1 – Tournament Update
- Tournament date confirmed as 30th and 31st of May 2020 – Weekend before half-term
- Potentially the last year for tournament to be run by CS Coaching
- Kick offs to start 30 minutes early at 0900 and 1400 for morning and afternoon sessions on both days respectively
- Registrations at 0830 on Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday morning sessions: U11, U12 age groups on 7 pitches
- Saturday afternoon sessions: U7, U9 age groups on 7 pitches
- Sunday morning sessions: U10, U13 age groups on 8 pitches
- Sunday afternoon sessions: U8, U14, U15 age groups on 8 pitches
- Max squad sizes increased to increase revenue and gate receipts
- Sin Bin rules in place
- U9 + extra time – players to be taken off – after 2 mins at 2v2, subs can be used
- No streaming at U14 and U15 age groups
- New online Tournament Management System (TMS) to be used for fixtures and results: www.cscoaching.org.uk/tournaments2020 (click on NPL Youth)
- Whiteboard still to be used in conjunction for transition purposes
- Online entry and player forms to be used
- Online registrations to be used
- Live date for non-NPLYFC teams is Saturday 4th of Jan.
- CS needs to know the maximum number of NPLYFC teams. Better to cancel than want to be added later on.
- Invites to teams will be sent out on that date.
- NPLYFC to promote via Fixtures template
- NPLYFC blacklist to include unwanted teams from last year
- Tournament team fee to be raised to £45 from £40.
- Car park required to be open 30 mins earlier due to earlier kick off times.
- There was a total of 146 teams for 2019 tournament – not including NPLYFC teams
- JS to work at adverts for tournament programme – CS to send templates
- Questions on costs for programme, marquees
- Improvements from last year’s tournaments include:
- More Volunteers
- More sponsorship
- Cost reductions
NEXT MEETING – Mon 3rd Feb 7.30pm
NPL Youth Football Club Committee Meeting Minutes 25/11/19
Venue – NPL Sports Club, Sports Pavilion – 1830
Compiled by Nizar El-Chamaa
Attendees: Mel Read (MR) – Chairman; Nizar El-Chamaa (NEC) – Vice Chairman, Nerys Weir (NW) – Treasurer, Will Palmer (WP) – Fixtures Secretary, Sarah Del Rio (SDR) – Referee Coordinator, Seb Pizzuto (SP) – Recruitment Secretary, Julie Smith (JS) – Sponsorship Coordinator.
Apologies for Absence:
Lee Drane (LD) – Equipment Coordinator, Ben Walton (BW) – Registration Secretary, Simon Karrie (SK) – Coach Mentor, Steve Bates (SB) – Child Welfare Officer
ITEM 2 – Sectional Updates
MR + JS:
- Richard Roberts (RR) is new trustree at NPL Sports Club.
- Sports Sections have been siloed for too long and needs to change. Integrate to survive.
- Funding from NPL will be down to Zero in 2020/2021
- Sectional fees will be going up.
- One combined pot across all sports sections for the sinking funds.
- Mel to meet all sectional heads in due course.
- Working closely with Cricket section to help them increase players
- NPL Sports Section survey will be sent out
- Discussions ongoing about 4G pitch at NPLSC
- Wine tasting, quiz nights and January family day planned
- NPLSC kitchen and catering is being considered for change – Halloumi Bites is on the list of potential companies taking it over
- Referee course in Jan with FA tutor – Waiting to confirm pitches
- Attendees will need 5 games to qualify – working with Teddington Athletic Football Club (TAFC) to offer this
- Whatsapp group for all refs already set up between NPLYFC, TAFC & Hearts Teddlothians.
- Managers need to chase parents more with regards to sub fees.
- Registration cards can no longer be withheld in the event of non-payment – need solution for this.
- NPL pitches not being available for first weeks of league games had a knock on effect which meant NPLYFC teams having fewer home games. Not necessarily a bad thing considering pitch recovery times.
- SYL U7 fixture secretary making life difficult as slow to upload fixtures.
- SYL staffing issues not helping matters
- Work on new NPLYFC website postponed due to likelihood of new integrated website required for all sections.
- Potential for NPLYFC APP also to be licensed to other NPLSC sections.
NEXT MEETING – Mon 3rd Feb 6.30pm
NPLYFC Annual Summer BBQ invitation: Friday 6th September 6pm onwards@ NPL.
All are welcome!
Congratulations to Noa Alderin
who has signed a contract with our
partner club QPR.
We wish him the very best of luck and
every success in the future!
Good luck Noa!
Please find the minutes of the 2019 AGM here (https://nplyouthfootball.co.uk/nplyfc-agm-24-06-19/).
- review is generally very positive. We now have a 5 year trend to analyse
- 178 places, all filled except last year when the Club added another pitch to the tournament.
- Lots of responses this year from attendees
- Generally rated 93% excellent, 7% good: figures have got better over the 5 years, which is encouraging
- Venue was rated 67% excellent, 31% good. 1 person poor (issue with car parking: “issue with parking – long walk”
- Refreshments: restricted to a few stands. 87% happy with offering. Obviously the quality etc needs to be weighed up with potential profit.
- Format: expended game time to 12min, streaming ability, no penalties, more in younger age groups. Philosophy point. Feedback split: 50/50. 97% happy with format though.
- Other comments are numerous and often conflicting! (pitch too small/big etc). Can’t please all…
- Referees: standard was generally very good. 85% good/excellent.
- Overall: 100% good or excellent. Feedback included “best tournament that we’ve been to”
- Head of Girls (need more girls teams)
- Head of Recruitment (for volunteers and players)
- Assistant Fixture Secretary (WP: not sure this has to be a formal role, nobody to nominate yet JC: keep it for when there is someone)
NPL Yellows U13’s are looking for players for the 2019/2020 season.
Training / trials are being held on Tuesday evenings from 7PM to 8PM.
firstname.lastname@example.org or click the ‘Join Us’ button on the menu.